30 Apr 2011

Chinese vs Japanese

I had my first Japanese Acupuncture appointment yesterday. And may I just say, Ahhhhh! I had acupuncture for 6 months from July to Dec 2009. However this was Chinese Acupuncture and OMG what a difference. I remember some of my infertile companions telling me how they feel so relaxed and almost fall asleep during acupuncture and I was dump founded that they could. When I was getting Chinese acupuncture the sensation was way too strong to even relax let alone fall asleep. I thought in may be my body, my pain thresh hold or even the very well trained and professional acupuncturist. Turns out I know now that it is fact the type of acupuncture. I have posted a link talking about the differences below:

http://www.efratsudai.com/2010/01/the-difference-between-chinese-and-japanese-acupuncture/

So the differences for me was:

1. I couldn't feel the needles. Chinese needles are 0.22mm thick and go in 1-5 cm deep and Japanese needles are 0.12mm and go in 1-5mm deep.

2. I felt a deep relaxed feeling in my body and considering I was in a strange and new environment that was amazing.

3. She wants to do weekly appointments for the next 3 months before I do my FET and when I do my FET, she said appointment before transfer and after. I was over the moon about this. See last time when I had Chinese acupuncture it was when I was naturally trying and I had it on ovulation (I was emailing her my temps daily) and also 10 to 12 days later (Implantation time).

I'm really excited about going back to her. Not only because for the first time in 8 months I'm doing something to get PG but also because Japanese Style Acupuncture makes me feel good. I also now have a plan, 3 months of weekly acupuncture then my FET. My poor snow baby will think I forgot about it. It been on ice since July last year because it's Mummy had a break down after 2 fail IVF's in May and July and then getting told my endo had grown back and I had another lap to remove it in Sept. But that's all in the past and after some councelling and a long break I'm really to start this new chapter. I just hope that my snow baby defrosts in 3 months and then takes.

Please, please please make this be it.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! It's exciting and nerve wracking getting back on the train but I think you are really ready now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chon! I do feel ready. But 3 months still seems ages away. But I think it will work out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never even heard of Japanese acupuncture. Mine always hurts, and I dont relax that well in life, let alone with needles sticking in my belly, shins, forehead, wrists and feet. I think I need to look into this. Thanks Jill... And the 3 months will fly. You sound healed and ready to fight again..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have found the perfect acu for you! I'm sure it will make you feel great in the lead up to your next FET.... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete