Well I was on a forum for around a year that really supported me and allowed me to express myself without judgment. I was just Jill, not Hubbies wife, not Mum and Dad's daughter, not a Co-worker and not a Friend. I was free to say how I felt without fear of how people would judge me. I like this support group and it gave me hope and comfort to know that I wasn't alone in this TTC Journey.
However after my second failed IVF cycled I realized that I needed to get away from it. I need to stop letting Infertility control my life and I signed off the forum. Don't get me wrong it was a hard decision to make. But I was in a dark place and the only way to get out was to stop myself from talking about it.
So after some counseling and a 6 month break of not "trying". I began to have this feeling. A feeling I had never felt before. It was the feeling of Acceptence.
Acceptence of my Infertility.
Acceptance of my failed IVF cycles.
Acceptance of the family I may never have.
and
Acceptance to not let Infertility control my life and I let go of this hold it had on me.I then began to look at my life and realized I hadn't done anything in the past 3 years that gave my life meaning. All my goals, all my thoughts and all my passion was thrown into the TTC basket and I wasn't getting anywhere.
So I stopped and thought what is my true passion in life. And the answer was the same as it had been for my whole life. "Children" Then I thought well if I love children so much, why does my childcare job not give me the pleasure it did so long ago. I then relized the it wasn't just the TTC jounrney that was making me unhappy but my job too. I had been working in Childcare for 11 years and was done with the fast paced, go, go, go job. I needed a change.
It had to still be with children but with closer relationships and quality environments. I then thought Family Day Care. This had been an idea for years and years that when I had my own children that I would do Family Day Care so that I could be a Stay at home Mum and earn money. I never really thought that I would look at it as an option as a married women with no kids. But the more I thought about it the more I wanted to do it.
So here I am 1 month into it and for the first time in 3 years, I'm Happy. Don't get me wrong I still want to have a child of my own more that anything but I know longer let my life be controlled by it and I'm not wasting my life by counting tears and expecting a BFP every month. Hubby and I are not actively trying but not using any protection either. Sure I see some CM and think for a moment. "Am I ovulating", then I think......Whatever.
Woohoo!! I am soooo pleased that you decided to start blogging Jill. It honestly was a turning point for me when I began getting my thoughts out there and I think letting go of alot of the baggage I'd been carting around helped me achieve my miracle that is growing inside me. I'm here to read and support you all the way!
ReplyDeleteHi Jill it's 'Jane'-I was on BC 12+ with you a while ago!Glad to see you have started a blog-it's very therapeutic and a great community too-look forward to keeping in touch on our journeys!Glad you're feeling in a good place right now too, that's awesome :)
ReplyDeleteHello Happy Jill! I've always wondered how you are! So so glad you have joined our blogging world. Great way to get support and vent. We are normal on here! We don't feel like outcasts without a belly. I've added you to my blog list!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to blogging. hope it all helps you.
ReplyDeleteThanks girls for the support. I have missed my BC girls. MWA!
ReplyDeleteHi Jill, Welcome to blogging. I'm an old BC girl and found Haidee there. When I started blogging I met Tee, Chon and Ants. Looking forward to supporting you in this crazy journey. I love the title of your Blog!!
ReplyDeleteHi Jill,
ReplyDeleteI just read ur first entry.. and it sounds like I am at the same point as u before u went to counselling.. I think that I need to head that way..
it is so awesome that u have accepted things in ur life.. and ur happy at the moment..
U give me hope that there is light at the end of the dark long tunnel even if there is no BFP..
Hello M.F.R.C (Sorry I did know your name.)
ReplyDeleteSeriously if you are struggling than go and talk to someone. It's was the best thing I did. I said to Hubby, "Why did I wait so long to see someone." I'm feeling soooooo much better and I didn't go on any drug, just talking it out and working out what I want my life to be. With or without kids.
Hi Jill
ReplyDeleteI am on BC board as well and found Chon and Haidee from there and I decided to start my own blog as I was ranting too much on BC and realised that now I am heading down IVF I need to be in right head space with right support and found our blog very positive
I look forward to continue watching your journey and helping each other