25 Apr 2011

Award

I would like to say a big thank you to Ants for giving me this award. It's my first blog award and I feel very touched that I was given it. I feel that considering that the small number of blog I follow was also given the award. So I wanted to do something different. I wanted to tell my fav bloggers what I love about them. Then since my last post was 10 thing I hate about me. I thought I would write 10 things I love about me.

Tee - I love that you are always so funny and honest in your posts. If the shit smells, you say it smells like shit and don't say it smells like roses. I'm a lot like that.

Haidee - I love that you are such a giving and caring poster. If someone is down, you help comfort them. Your going to be a great mum!

Ree - I love that you are such a soft natured and quiet person. You are always supportive and kind and would never say anything to hurt anyone.

Chon - I love that your not afraid to voice you option and put people in their place if they are being rude or insensitive. You are a very honest person and that's a quality I value.

Ants - I love that you are so sincere and have great ethics. You care about the environment, nature and animals. Even though I'm not a huge animal lover, I do care about the environment and also hate the amount of plastic in the world. I use NO plastic toys in my day care except a 2 push bike that I hire. (Read below)

Now for my bit.


10 things I love about me.

1. I love my feet. My feet are my favorite part of my body. They are soft and small and perfect (If I do say so myself.) I have even got a tattoo of a heart on my left foot. It is the only one I have and I will most likely not get anymore, but I love it.

2. I love my wedding and engagement ring and I think I did a good job designing my wedding ring to match my engagement ring. I love, love, love jewelery. I make some beaded jewlery from time to time.

3. I love that I'm not afraid to laugh at myself. I love joking around and laughing. I love telling funny stories and hearing them too.

4. I love that I have a gift with children. I have had a passion for children and babies since I was young and I feel children sense my gift. I have worked with children my whole adult life and I can't imagine doing anything else. 

5. I love that I run a very natural and free exploring program in my in home day care. I love that I have things clean, tidy and organized but still have a program that is based on resources that are real and have no plastic. Here is a link to my Philosophy - http://www.littleacornstomightyoaks.co.uk/Articles/Treasure_basket

6. I love my boobs. They are a perfect size in proportion to my body. Not too big, not too small. I take a 12C or 12D depending on the bra.

7. I love the fact that I am organized. I love being organized, I love organizing things, I love rearranging things and solving problems so that things are organized and tidy.

8. I love that my friend Lauren and I have been friend for over 16 years and we can talk about anything. She has supported me through all my Infertility and has always said the right things and never judged.

9. I love that my parents are still happily married after over 30 years of marriage. My mum was 18 years when she got married and dad was 26. When I got married at 23 and hubby 22. We got a few criticisms from people that we were too young. But Mum and Dad were behind us 100%. They knew that we had been together 7 years and were in love. Plus they got married young and are still together.

10. I love that I have a wonderful husband who cares about me as much as I care about him. I love that we know what each others thinking and that we spend most of our free time happily together.

This list was so much harder than my post "10 things I hate about me." Sometimes it's harder to sing your own praise than to criticize yourself.

3 comments:

  1. I love your 10 things that you love about yourself- well done! It's a lovely list and not always an easy things to do. I will be sure to do my own list one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, so much easier to criticise ourselves than admit we like things about ourselves. Especially when our body is deceiving us with infertility. Im glad you are blogging so we can keep updated on your journey. Thanks Jill... Everyone has big boobs, whats with that!!!????

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is interesting. Maybe there is a connection with IF and big hOOters!

    ReplyDelete