I'm in 3 mind sets at the moment. My mind keeps jumping from 3 stong feelings that are completely contridicting each other.
Head space 1:
I want a baby so much and I would give anything to get it. Why am I stuck with this infertility? I want a baby of my own so bad, I want a baby, I WANT A BABY!
Head space 2:
I think our lives are wonderful the way they are. A baby is a lot of work. Maybe we are better to live a childless life.
Headspace 3:
Ok, obviously we are not going to have a biological child. It's really time to move onto adoption waiting lists. Maybe our purpose in life is to help a child that needs a loving home.
Arrrr! I think I am caught between hope and acceptance. Which is a total contradiction? The reality is that I have been trying for 3 years and my body is getting really fucked up from the endo and IVF. I have cramps most days and due to that alone I'm not surprised a baby can't grow in there. I have tried every fertility person I know, who all said they would get me PG and all were shocked when I didn't. When do you surrender and move on.
I started seeing a fertility naturopath about 5 weeks ago who has gotten 5000 women PG. He said that I can get PG naturally (heard that before) but he also said my body is not in good shape and at some point if I continue with IVF and the Endo keeps growing, that I will get to the point were my body will be too fucked up to have a baby. I kind of knew this was on the table after doing lots of research on endo but after hearing it from an expert, it makes it hit deeper. I feel that my body has never really recovered since my 2nd lap to remove the endo and the 2 IVF cycles just before that on top. I have irregular periods, daily cramps and even thought I'm not "fat" I have got a belly. It looks like I'm PG. (Which I have been asked a number of times.) See most of my body is a good healthy shape except my belly. To top it off my herbs that my fertility naturopath gave me have a side effect is weight gain and guess where that weight has gone to, my belly. I hate my body! It's fuck up and I feel it is time to stop kidding myself into thinking I going to get PG. Because even though I would love to believe my fertility naturopath, I just feel he is just going to be another person to try and then turn around a few months later and be surprised it didn't work.
I think I need to see my counsellor.
When would you consider adoption?
ReplyDeleteMy body is the same hon, before I got pregnant I was slim everywhere and carried all my extra weight around my stomach and felt constantly bloated and LOOKED pregnant even when I wasn't. Such a hard decision to make. Sending hugs. xox
ReplyDeleteClewis,
ReplyDeleteHubby & I have decided to give ourselves till the end of the year to try. Then move on and start the adoption process.
I'm so sorry your body is not your best friend. Acceptance and hope is possible, that's exactly how I feel. I will always hold hope, but I know I will be ok if I don't have that baby. Hugs Jill...
ReplyDeleteThanks Tee!
ReplyDeleteThanks Haidee!
I feeling a bit better today! And your comments help.