3 May 2011

Bad Neighbour

Ok, so I have been running a total legal childcare business from my home for 3 months. I have parents coming to drop the kids off and picking the kids up. Normally drop off and pick up times are spread out to allow one parent to park in my driveway at a time. See directly in front of my house is a no parking zone and there is only street parking about 4 houses up.
Anyway this afternoon the train line that hubby catches was broken down due to the storm this afternoon,  so his brother picked him up from work and parked in our driveway when he got home at 5:10. Since my last kid is picked up by 5pm on Tuesdays he thought they would be gone. Turns out the kids mum go held up in traffic and didn't get here till 5:20. Anyway she walked into my house and said she parked in next doors driveway. Within 1min of her walking in, the next door neighbour was knocking on my door. I opened the door and he pointed straight at the mum and said, "Move your car out of my driveway, that's fucking rude." Now this neighbour is a bit weird anyway. He never says hello to me and only occasionally to hubby. He then repeated to say to this women as she walked to her car and why I was watching the kids inside, "That's fucking rude, do you have a driveway at your place." She replied, "Yes and I would let someone park in it for a few mins when it's raining and they had twin 18 month olds to pick up." (Good one, you go mama) He then said, "It's fucking rude." She then said, "Well it's fucking rude to pressure hose your side path and make a huge mess in your neighbours place." (Ohhhhh, no she didn't) See the story is on the weekend he pressure hosed his side path and it made a muddy mess near my side door that the parents use to come in, so I had to apologies this morning as there was mud and dirt everywhere.

I did apologies to the Mum that she had to put up with this abuse and that he swore in front of the kids. (That pissed me off the most) and she said that maybe she should of kept her month shut about the pressure hose. (See it looks like I bitched about him to her.) But now it's all done I have this horrible feeling. I mean Yes she shouldn't have parked in his driveway, but he wasn't even going out, he was just being a dick and he should not had come to my front door and swore in front of children. I never talked to him anyway but I feel this awful feeling and I can't shake it. I hate conflict and since I work from home I hate that I have this horrible feeling every time I look out the window. OK maybe since this only happened under 2 hours ago I need to just calm down. I was almost going to write him a letter saying "I apologies for her parking there and I have told all the other clients not to park there. However I feel it was rude of you to swear at my client and especially in front of her children." But I'm not sure if that would just add fuel. Plus I'm angry and I know you should never do anything when your angry.
What would you girls do?

5 comments:

  1. hmmm... I would probably do a sorry card and pop it in his mail box- that will make it look like you are really sorry and possibly make him feel a tiny bit mean for going off at you- and more likely to let it go if it happens again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably would have told the neighbor to get fkd and get off my property; or to please calm down and stop overreacting but I also would have bought up the mud as well!! I hate rude neighbors. Mine is a rude bastard we haven't spoken to in two years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a hard one!He certainly doesn't deserve an apology because he sounds like an absolute arse....but I know you want to keep on the good side of him and I would feel the same way....his whole reaction just sounds totally unnecessary and over the top though, I can't stand people like that, maybe the less contact the better! Sorry you had to go through that, I hate that kind of conflict-nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd leave it. Don't stir the pot anymore. If he is a weirdo then his reaction, like it was today will be unreasonable and not that of a normal person. Don't back down though..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls. I talked with Hubby last night before bed when I was calm and we both felt it was better left. I spend a good 1/2 today sweeping and hosing the mud and dirt he made. I know he was home so I hope he felt bad. Although I doubt it!

    ReplyDelete