9 Jul 2011

My BFP secret

So I have been keeping a secret. Last Tuesday when my period was a few days late I poas and got 2 lines. A day later I saw the GP, the day after that a BT and the day after that got the results of HCG level of 1800. Now I thought that when the moment that I finally got a positive that I would want to yell it at the roof tops. But I didn't. I was shit scared. There has been so many m/c being announced that I just couldn't get pumped about it. I feel like a fish out of water. I've never fallen. I have never felt this and I certainly didn't feel like there was a baby inside me. I called my FS who is also a Obstetrician and the nurse booked me in for a 6 week scan. Apparently due to my endo and infertility, I'm a high risk pregnancy. I have been so worried about ectopic and just in general. Friday morning of the scan I vomited my breakfast up after a number of morning that week of feeling sick. So at 11am we went to Dr T where he did a u/s. The first thing he said was is there one or two. TWO I didn't even think about this. He said 1. I said, Is it were it should be and he replied yes. Finally I could breath after holding my breath for a week and a half. Then he was silent. My mind started to wonder. Fuck what is it in the right spot but is dead! He then pointed to the screen and said see that tiny white spot that's moving up and down. I squint and say "Yes." He then said, "That's the heartbeat." WHAT! OMG! Since then I have been up and down. I'm happy that there is a little peanut in there but nervous of the 15 to 20% chance we have of m/c. I told him I had morning sickness that morning and he told me that that was a good sign and that women with morning sickness are less likely to m/c. That night (last night) I felt sick and then dry reached about 5 times today. Then tonight hubby started cooking dinner and the smell make me run to the toilet and dry reach a few more times. Then I sat on the bathroom floor balling my eyes out. This was definitely the release that I had been needing since I found out.
I feel horrible that I hadn't told my followers but I was just not ready to write about it. I know that you girls will be my support if anything happens and I need that. I'm sorry it took this long to tell you all but I just wasn't ready for the congratulations. This really took me for a spin. I was planning my FET for the end of this month and certainly didn't except a positive test when I did it. I actually thought I might have had a cyst back and that's why I was late. Turns out I was wrong. The 2 lines came up before I even had time to put it down on the toilet paper. I said to my mum that it feels like it's a dream. She said, "It is a dream, a dream that you have wanted for over 3 years."

7 comments:

  1. OMG Jill!!!!!! That is just amazing news!!!! I can't believe you have managed to keep is so quiet for so long! I thought you hadn't posted for awhile and was wondering if you were okay- your more than okay- your Pregnant!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I have everything crossed for you :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill that is such amazing news and so deserved I am really happy for you. I can't believe you kept it in but I totally get the not believing it! Congratulations love. The break in was a sign, to let go of the past and focus on the future xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo!!! Massive congrats. I thought 2 as well when I saw your hcg! One perfectly heartbeating bub inside. It's so good to find out, as I know how long you have wanted this. You must have nearly fallen off the loo when you saw 2 lines for the first time in your life!! Be safe and take care..xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow Jill!!!! I'm so freakin happy for you! A HUGE congratulations to you and DH, you have waited so long for this and a NATURAL BFP at that! Wishing you all the best for a smooth and happy pregnancy! Any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask me :-) xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! fantastic news. You must be feeling great! so pleased for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sneaky! Congrats Jill. Awesome to read this. May everything go brilliantly these next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations that the best news and your too funny to keep it a secret but totally understand after everything you have been through...great to see a healthy heart beat and best wishes for the next 7.5 months xx

    ReplyDelete