29 May 2011

License to lecture!

My sister and me do a little market business on the side. We make and sell girls accessories. Anyway today we were at a market at a childcare centre and as I do every time we go to a market, I walk around and look at all the other stalls. Today there was a lady that had made and sold children's and baby clothes. I walked pass and asked how she was going which is typical market talk for, "Are you making money today." She said she wasn't doing great and I said well your stuff is very cute but I don't have children. She then said, "You should have a baby."
                                Umm................ WTF!!!
I had never met this women. She hadn't gotten any personal info from me. I know she may have seen my wedding and engagement ring but what a comment to make. I so felt like turning around and telling her, "Well I fucking can't have a baby, but thanks for the kick in the gut when it's hard enough looking at all the kids and there families here." But as I'm a lady of etiquette and class I simple smiled. But really what makes her think she can just say things like that. I'm sure she was probably pisses off she wasn't doing well in sales and wanted me to buy something but how dare she say that to someone without knowing them. I know I'm a little edgy at the moment (About that next post) but I really don't think I'm over reacting here. I mean even if I could have children, why should she be able to say that to someone. Seriously rude!

2 comments:

  1. Hate it when people say stupid things like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I hate that. But I reckon that if I had never had this taste of IF I would say some pretty dumb arse things to people too. I say soon we should all just start telling it like it is, making them squirm and think about the comment all day. Perhaps then people will think before they open their idiotic mouths.

    ReplyDelete