I have been feeling edgy for a little while now as I have been thinking more and more about my FET.
See last time I went to do the FET in Sept (after 2 failed IVF cycles) it was canceled due to endo and a cyst. So it was put on hold while I had another lap. Then I really lossed the plot. I needed a break.
Now over 6 month later and I feel really good emotionally. I am in the best head space I have been in years but now that the date of my FET is approaching, I'm starting to get gittery. I really want to be calm for this next cycle but my nerves are creeping in. I'm worried not only about the result and whether it will even defrosted. But also I'm worried that I will completely loose my mind again.
See I had a major emotional fits on Friday over nothing, I mean yes my periods were due and did come the next morning but still it was like my emotions aka hormones were taking over my body. One min I was angry then the next I was crying in the corner. I was snappy at Hubby which wasn't fair on him. I was a whirl wind of emotions. Hubby was good he stayed away when I was fired up and cuddled me when I was teary. I apologized and explained to him the next day how I felt so up and down and even though my brain knew I was being ridiculous, my emotions were taking me on a crazy roller coaster and my mind just kept giving in to them. I'm not sure if it's the herbs and acupuncture that has fiddled with my hormones, but really the last thing I want from my FET is crazy hormonal me!
Fuck you hormones!
Oh Jill- your totally normal! It is impossible not to get worried, stressed and emotional leading up to a new cycle. No matter how much you try and tell yourself its all under control,it is an emotional roller-coaster and there is no getting off the ride until it's all over.
ReplyDeleteJust sing yourself the song "I will Survive" and put on a drag queen dress xxx
Hang in there. The hormones of a woman at any stage are not kind. Sounds like Hubby is wonderful support and you are blessed.
ReplyDeleteI think it's perfectly acceptable to have jitters. You are undertaking another attempt at a huge change in your life. Hopefully this one will be your lucky cycle!
Joey
http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com