15 May 2011

My Herb Lab

2 weeks ago my acupuncturist put me on some Chinese herbs. There were 4 types of herbs that are to be taken at different times during my cycle. Before ovulation, during ovulation, after ovulation and blood moving during AF. I was extremely happy with these as I feel it totally makes sense to take different herbs at different times in my cycle. However there was 2 problems. One was when I got them home and went to take them, I couldn't.

CD 5 - I tried rolling them in honey...I vomited.
CD 6 - I tried mixing them in water...I vomited.
CD 7 - I tried mixing them in juice...I vomited.

I went back to her on Friday and explained my issue and how I have bad gag reflexes. She told me that the next batch she will do a customized order of capsules. But for now I can make them up in empty capsules from the chemist. So Saturday night my kitchen benched looked like a drug lab. I had measuring spoons, empty capsules, containers of different herbs. If the cops walked in I'm sure I would have been cuffed on the spot. Anyway after about an hour I had all the capsules filled and in nicely labeled containers ready to go. Now comes to the second problem. If you have to take them at different stages of your cycle and your cycles are irregular what do you do? I was given 2 choices by my acupuncturist. To temp every morning, (NO Fucking way I'm doing that again.) or OPK's. So I choose OPK's. So I started to POAS from day 12. Day 12 was negative and since my last 2 cycles had been 26 days I thought I may have missed ovulation. Then last night on day 13 I got a faint positive so I started my ovulation herbs. Then the thought comes to mind..........................Should we try! Now Hubby and I have not actively tried naturally since before IVF in Dec 2009.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to put the pressure back on us both but felt the positive OPK was hard to ignore. So without putting any pressure on us we did the "doona dance". Then Hubby popped into the shower at which point I would normally follow but I decided why not give it my all. So I laid there and put a pillow under my butt for a good 10 mins.

The problem now is that my OPK's came with a Preg Test. Now I hate, hate, hate Preg Tests but I keep seeing it sitting in the bathroom and now it's putting that, "could it have worked" thoughts in my head and I hate this feeling. I don't want a 2ww. I hate 2ww's. Arrrrrrrr! See, the point to the herbs and acupunture is to help relax me, regulate my cycles and get me ready for my FET in 2ish months time. Now I feel like I'm back to actively trying and I don't want to get my hopes up, as I have been burnt too many times. Maybe I can ignore my 2ww. Well here is to trying anyway!

3 comments:

  1. doona dance. ha ha too funny, i almost bought a pee stick today. but refrained. i will hold out a wee bit longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no Jill! Your back on the terrible TTC stress wagon!

    I couldn't drink the filthy herbs either, they are putrid. My Acupuncture lady game me them in a tablet form and it was much better. She said the tablet ones aren't as strong, but will still do the job They were like little black balls and smelt like licorice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATED the herbs too, and gagged every time! When I was given mine I had no instructions other than 1 teaspoon twice a day, so I ATE a teaspoon and gagged and it went up my nose. I then rang the clinic and was told I was supposed to brew it with hot water and drink it. So I did 1 cycle of holding my nose and drinking it. Wish I had capsules, I might have stuck with it longer.

    The 2WW doesn't exist, that's how I'm getting through...

    ReplyDelete