I'm starting to get use to the idea now and starting to get excited. I joined the PAAC board and Emma and me are having some wonderful chats which has been lovely to have someone to share this journey with that has gone through the same stuff. Also I'm talking about the baby more and Hubby and I are making plans to turn the spare room (AKA junk room) into a nursery.
We went to 3 baby stores over the weekend and can I just say that the amount of choice in Prams is completely nuts. One store had close to 100 prams. WTF! We just felt lost. However we did end up deciding on one thing, a Car seat, which wasn't hard. It was the most popular one sold because of the safety features and we got it on sale for $100 off. We have started a list of things we need which isn't too long as my sister is lending me lots of baby stuff she has. We mostly have to buy big ticket items like a cot, a chest of draws and the dreaded Pram. Then just a few bits and pieces.Overall I'm feeling positive and trying really hard to relax and enjoy this pregnancy.
I've done my time in the Infertility Jail and I'm on the outside. Just needed to find my feet.
Oh yes, the pram! That was the one item that really had me feeling stressed out too (recently been discussing this with Ants!) and after thinking I would go for a cheap pram I ended up going for a more expensive Mountain Buggy Swift but BEST PURCHASE EVER! I love it. You should just weigh up how often you think you'll go walking, what you're using it for (shopping, beach or bush walking etc) and then decide your budget and try out a few. It's daunting! Glad you're feeling more positive and YAY for joining the PAAC board! Cohen is sleeping much more these days so I'll probably be back there soon too. xox
ReplyDeleteHi Jill, yay for feeling good! I had a hard first trimester too and to suddenly 'relax' into your pregnancy a bit is a great feeling!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes prams....have had the same dilemmas-it's bloody confusing! We ended up getting the brand that I wanted (same as Haidees) 2nd hand off Trade-me here (like E-bay) for about half the price, I figure that way if it's not right for us we can change :)
It's exciting starting to buy stuff-just keep ticking things off that list! :) xoxo
Yahhh to now embracing your pregnancy...and thank you for mentioning me as your belly buddy it is great to share this journey with you....
ReplyDeleteI have not started shopping for big items yet but thats what scares me too many choices lol....where do I start? I know I am getting a cot and change table from my best friend but the rest...Im glad you are finally taking the plunge to clear out a room...its funny actually because we have two spare rooms and when we painted and recarpeted two years ago...I cleaned out one of the rooms in anticipation of a baby to come...who would have thought it would take this loong until I can actually fill it but I still need to clean out the wardrobe...dont know where I will put the stuff...
Hope you have a great weekend..no shopping for us this weekend for baby stuff..we are off celebrating our 8 year wedding anniversary weekend away
Sounds like you are definately on your way to enjoy the BEST time of your life. Im so glad you are happy and shopping and enjoying it. This is what you cried all those tears for. You go nuts. The 2nd Tri is the BEST. You can still get around easily, and you can see that you are pregnant. Glow glow glow Jill and in no time you will feel your little miracle kicking the crap out of you, just to let you know he/she is there...
ReplyDeleteAnd I bet you got the Safe n Sound Meridian???
Thanks for the support girls.
ReplyDeleteTee - It was the safe n sound meridian. Did you have this for your little boy? I think it's the best and most safest. My sister has this one for her son.