31 Jul 2011

60 mins and a few tears.

I'm not sure if anyone saw 60 mins tonight but it was very moving. Hormonal me was in tears throughout one particular story. It was about a women who was pretty much told she couldn't have children, her husband had a very low sperm count and had given up. Then at, wait for it.........50, she fell pregnant naturally. She is the oldest women in Australia to have conceived naturally. I mean WOW! I was so touched. Her and her husband seemed like genuinely lovely people and I think they will be wonderful parents. They showed her at the end with the bub and they were such wonderful parents. It just really makes you think that miracles really can happen and like my little miracle, they can happen when you least expect it.

Here is a link to the 60 min web page.

Chon and Tee you are still young. HELLO 50!

5 comments:

  1. I just don't want to drop my kids off to Kindy with grey hair and a walking stick!! I'm 35 in 6mths, it's the frightful age you don't want to hit when ttc... My mum had me at 20, and I thought it was col to have young parents!

    Time will tell, menopause will be next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean tee. I started TTC at 25 as I wanted to be a young mum. I know I'm still young but I'll be a few months off 30 when I have this one and I just didn't expect to have started my family at 30. I kind of expected to have finished having my family at 30. I did everything at a younger age than all my friends. Settle down at 22, married at 23, then children took a little longer. But sometimes you just have to take what life gives you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I loved 60 mins too and I was very hormonal and crying too...to feel what this women felt to feel that she could never have kids and when at least unexpected bam...she got it...better late then never I say and they do deserve no judgement on age...I know some would cringe but thats what was chosen for them and whose to judge to say a younger mum would be better then them....this is their path and journey....but I wanted to start my family by 30 and here I am 32 nearly 33 waiting on my first arrival so some things never happen as we plan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Errr as special and inspiring as that episode was, I still don't want to be 50 when I have my first. The fact that I will be 34 is awful enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't get to watch it, but if that feeling inside you burns so much that death can only stop it - it doesn't matter what age you are. I vowed that I would ttc till my eggs ran out or my body said no more trying. I became a mother at 36 and I love it. Couldn't care less about the wrinkles on my face or that I'm a fat arse and won't ever be in the 'yummy mummy' category. I'm finally a mum, fullstop.

    ReplyDelete