23 Jul 2011

8 weeks, well tomorrow.

I had an ultra sound on Friday which I thought was an 8 week scan but it turns out I was 2 days ahead of myself and I'm not 8 weeks till tomorrow. I'm really happy because Dr T gave me the exact due date which is the 4th March 2012. Hubby was also super excited before, during and after this appointment. We saw something that resembled a head and the heart in the middle of the blob. We also got to hear the heart beating for a few second. It was amazing. Last appointment my doctor wasn't very excited but this appointment was soooo different. He asked about what find of labour I wanted, gave me lots of info, asked about the "downs" test which we have declined as we would not aboard it if it was so what is the point to the test. Also we got to take home a goody bag full of samples and the most amazing thing.... our babies first photo. It doesn't look like much but hey it means the world to me. Hubby was so cute he took it to work and showed his boss and I took it to my acupuncturist. (Yes I'm still having weekly treatments.)  My sister did up a pregnancy album with journey entries and photos when she was PG. So yesterday after the scan I brought a little album and next friday we are going to sit together and start mine. My sister is very creative and likes to scrapbook. I on the other hand have failed at all my attempts to scrapbook and will need lots of guidance. Who are we kidding, I'll probably choose the decorations and she will probably put it together. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, That is so exciting- I can't wait to see the pic of your little baby! Must seem so much more real now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Jill, that's my birthday!! Woohoo! It's an awesome feeling isn't it seeing that little blob beating away. So happy for you guys. xox

    ReplyDelete