6 Jun 2011

I'm a Mummy!

No, I didn't pop a baby out over the weekend. Hubby and I got a pet. Now I'm not a big animal person. I had a dog as a kid and a fish when Hubby and I first moved out but we have never really had a pet together. I'm not a dog or cat fan. (Plus it's too hard with my business) So I have finally gave in to Hubbies years of nagging for a pet and we brought a bird.

His name is Zazu (From The li0n king) He is a baby Cockatiel only a few months old. He has a very sweet nature and loves to sit on hubbies shoulders. I was a little scared at first and wouldn't hold him. But I'm starting to get better. I don't like him siting on my shoulder yet but I'm happy to let him sit on my arm and I'm slowly building my confidence. I'm a big sook. I'm scared of most animals.

We got him last Monday and the kids I look after loved looking at him. One day I will get him out for them when I have more confidence. I also took him to a special bird vet on Friday were he was check over and had some test done to check his general health and for diseases. I got a call that afternoon with the all clear.

Hubby looooves him. He talks to him like a baby. He refers to me as Mummy and him as Daddy. I swear this bird has got more attention in the week we have had him then I have. He has been buying toys for it, holding it every night and getting up early so he can hold it before he has to go to work. I really think he is putting his paternal instincts that he has wanted to express in a child on to Zazu. It's not till we got him that I realized how much he needed this.

3 comments:

  1. too cute :) everyone should have a pet I will convince you one day on the benefits of dogs!! Chon (stupid arse blogger)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Jill- don't you dare start a post with that title again- I thought you got a BFP and i almost fell off my chair!!!!! hahahahaha....

    Glad your enjoying the bird, I'm with Chon, a pet is a wonderful thing. Our dog is treated like a kid - lots of hugs, kisses and attention. Our dog even enjoys the odd holiday with the grandparents. Our parents call him their "granddog"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congratulations pets are the best therapy..we have 2 cockatiels but they sort of got pushed to the side when we got our dog and cat..poor cockatiels...but agree my hubby always is concerned about getting home before dark to feed our pets and lock the cat up or we need to play with them today ...so it is a great outlet...

    ReplyDelete