29 Mar 2011

A Baby or A House?

So Hubby and I are in a position were, if we have a baby I will be able to be a SAHM for as long as I want. We have been renting my in-laws investment property for 6 months which is a large 3 bedroom house. We are paying cheap rent for what we are getting, as they have taken out the real estate costs and we pay them directly. They have owned the property for around 10 years and I don't feel they would sell it anytime soon. Also they have no morgage on the house so I don't think they would pull the rent up in a hurry. Plus we are pretty much able to do what we want to the house. So we have a good thing going on.

However Hubby is getting the itch to buy a house. This wouldn't be our first house we buy, as we brought our first house back in 2007 but sold it due to rising interest rates that caused Mortgage stress big time (Our last Mortgage was 100% hubbies wage and some of mine. ) and we wanted to have kids. Don't get me wrong I would love to have a house to call our own and Hubby is on a better wage than he was when we had the other house. But the house prices have gone up too.  However if we were to buy, that would mean I would have to work after the baby is like 12 weeks. I'm lucky because I now work from home looking after children. (Family Day Care) So it's not like they would go into formal care. They would be with me. However to be doing FDC at home we would have to buy a decent house (with 2 living spaces) and the mortgage would be 80% of Hubbies wage. So then there wouldn't be a choice to work or not. I would HAVE TO! I don't know if I want that pressure.

See I haven't told anyone yet but this is our last year of TTC. We have come to the point were we can't keep riding this roller coaster forever. So we decided in January this year that this was our last year of TTC and that next year we will put our names down for adoption, as we know that process takes years. Don't get me wrong I really want a baby of my own but I guess most people that suffer long term infertility would to get to a point were they say enough. Well we are almost there.

So Hubby and I decided to see this year out and then if nothing, then buy a house and move on to adoption.  It sound sad and it is but I'm kind of at peace with it. Sure I still have my sad days but at the end of the day we need to grow.

We have got plans for this year. I mean we still have 1 more Snow Baby from the last IVF cycle and we may do 1 more IVF, but really that would be it.  Currently I'm undertaking some highly successfully rated natural treatment which I will post about later. So we haven't jumped off the TTC rollercoaster yet but we sure are looking at the stops and wondering when we want to depart.

4 comments:

  1. Stay put! You have it great with a big home! I was forced to return to the workforce 3 days a week when my son was 18wks old. He went to daycre and is still at the same centre. If we didn't have our investment mortgage then it would have been so much sweeter after my son was born. Lifes too short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tee! I know I'm lucky. Just wish I had it all. Don't we all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whats a house if you have no one to fill it

    ReplyDelete