Well, Hubby and I haven't been "actively" trying the natural way for over a year. Ok, ok, ok, I know what your all thinking. "Umm Jill do we need to tell you how babies are made." The answer is, NO you don't, my Mum explained that to me about 20 years ago. However she made me think it was easy to get pregnant and you should only have "IT" if you really love the person.
However it turns out not in my case. See I love Hubby very much. So much so that today marks our 13th Anniversary of being together and Yes, we are one of the couples that still celebrate with a love texts and a romantic dinner. However my mum never told me about IVF or Infertility. If anything I was told not to rely on 1 form of contraception and that doms can break, pill can be forgotten and a man's juice can be toxic even if he hasn't, shall we say "blown his load." I was scared to even look at a boy.
However as a few years passed and my hormones started to rage. Oh how that changed everything. I started becoming very interested in boys and started "Going out" with boys. - which basically was holding hands and writing letters in class. Then in grade 9 things changed again. The level was stepped up. Now I wanted to kiss boys and not just a secret peck but a Pash. Well 1 boy in particular. Only problem was he didn't want to kiss me. (Yes beautiful Size 6, perfect skin 14 year old, Jill.) Oh how I obsessed over him. My friends didn't understand why I liked his so much. But in my head no other boy excised. Then after a YEAR. (I know, how sad) I then went "stuff him." So I decided to look for another boy that I might like to kiss. Well a new boy had started and he looked kind of cute. Why not see if he will kiss me. Turns out after 8 days of "Going out" he did want to kiss me. However by then I realized what a d*** head he was and dumped him the next day.
I then decided that I needed to focus less on being kissed and just enjoy life. However then suddenly a boy who had been in my class since year eight caught my eye at a Party. We flirted over a game of darts and I couldn't help being drawn to him. Well a few weeks later I told my friends that I really liked this guy. Well they just looked and thought "who him." Well I decided that this was not the time to jump into a "kiss me" attack and scare the poor guy. No, this time I was going to just play it cool and watch from a far. Well that lasted a whole 2 weeks. Because at the next party we went to my "friends" told him I liked him. I went home humiliated. I turn up to school on the Monday to be confronted by the party host who said "Do you like ******? I replied. Yes, but I didn't want him to know. He then said "well he likes you too." I was shocked. Then the next day he asked me out. Around 2 weeks later I finally got a proper kiss and exactly 13 years later we are happily married.
I would love to tell you all that we live happily ever after, but you all know that's not true.
Damm you Infertility. But we are very happy in our relationship. Sure we have our ups and downs. We even broke up for a month the year after we finished high school and pursued other people but then as faith would have it we ended up back together and never been better. I love him so much and would never give him up for anything. Not even a baby!
That makes my heart melt Jill! Cannot believe you are highschool sweethearts. I hope the story does end well. It's still being written... Anything can happen!
ReplyDelete