Well over the past 6 months I have been "Going Green" around my house. I have been slowly eliminating harsh chemical in my house. At first I did this for the environment. The amount of chemicals and pollutions that are going into our water ways and the impact it is having is huge. Not to mention the chemicals being put in the air or the amount of rubbish being put in the ground. Just look at all the natural disasters happening around the world and you have to wonder, "What are we doing to this world." Seriously I'm not a big nature person but I have always been very caring about the environment. Not that I yell it in the streets, but I always recycled whenever possible, take short showers and try not to waste stuff. So in the last 6 months I stepped it up. I've started using vinegar, bi-card soda and a lot of natural ingredients. I'm also using some earth friendly store brought products too. It took me a while to work out what was best. See I'm a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning and germs. So I had to find ways of cleaning without compromising Germ Killing and Good Cleaning Power.
Now it wasn't till about 2 weeks ago when I was reading a new "Green Clean" book that I got and I started thinking beyond the environment and began to think about me and my hubby. It talked about how chemicals can effect your families health. I then began to think, could this be contributing to our fertility issue. Although I don't think it's the cause, I do think it might be an extra chemical that just doesn't help. So with that in mind and with much hesitation, I went to the shop and replaced my bleach cleaning with natural alternatives. It was so hard to say bye to the mold killing, white making liquid, but I know that this is the right thing to do. I feel if everyone just did one thing than we might just make this world a better place for our kids, and our kids kids, and our kids kids kids......
Nice work with the going green!
ReplyDeleteWe just recently started using vinegar and bi-carb for most things too.a lot cheaper than many of the eco products we normally buy.
Great post!!
Don't forget earth hour tonight!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete