5 Apr 2012

Smile

Alice has been starting to smile over the past two weeks and it has been so lovely. I love seeing her little face light up and a big smile come across her face. 3 nights ago she smiled at me at 4am and then let out a little giggle. That was such an amazing moment and made the middle of the night feeds well worth it. She also had her 6 week needles and pediatrician check up. Her check up went well and the paediatrician said we couldn't get a healthier baby. Her needles went well too. It was heart breaking watching her cry but I gave her a breastfeed straight after which calmed her down quickly. She is growing so quickly. She has now out grown all her 0000 clothes and also some of her 000. She is in the 75% for her weight. Which makes me so proud because she is exclusively breastfeed.

I also had my 6 week check up with my OB who is also my FS and he said that even though we conceived naturally, (Well after 3 years of TTC) that we may still have trouble next time. Therefore we have decided to not start trying till Alice is 1 which is when I plan on weaning her. Then we will try naturally for 6 months and then if nothing then we will move on to using the one frozen embryo we have. Now you might all think that I'm planning ahead too soon but that's who I am. Plus I want to find the balance between cherishing Alice but not leaving trying for a second child as I can't be sure how long it will take. Hubby and I have said that if Alice ends up being our only child then we are very grateful but our dream would be to have a brother and sister for Alice. I guess that you can never turn that infertile part of your brain off.



2 comments:

  1. Oh its so beautiful their smiles...such special moments...especially in the middle of the night or when they are crying but give you a smile in between lol

    I dont think your thinking too far ahead re second child...its always in the back of your mind...same for us...when we saw my FS for a social visit...he said our odds for conceiving first time with Scarlett were 10% and we beat the odds...so you can beat the odds too..but at least you have a plan..

    I think I want to wait for a year as well but not sure about trying naturally as I wonder about my endometriosis coming back..

    I think its important to cherish the time now with Alice as with our daughter Scarlett and not get bogged down with the TTC journey as once the door opens...who knows how it will go..

    ReplyDelete
  2. good on you for thinking ahead and working out what your going to do TTC wise second time around. At least now that you have sorted it, you can put it to one side and enjoy those smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete