SAHM
Well I feel like it is official today. My husband has just returned back to work today since Alice was born and my centreline Paid Parental Leave was paid into my account last night. So I feel like today marks the beginning of me being a Stay at home mum. The morning has gone well. Alice and me had a sleep in which was nice and It's now 10am and so far I'm still in my PJ's and eating breakfast in my bed with Alice asleep next to me and my laptop in front of me. The blinds in my room are shut and it is windy outside and I can't drive for 2 more weeks because of the c section so why the hell wouldn't I stay in bed.
Blog
I have decided to create a separate page on my blog just for Alice. Like my weekly pregnancy update page, I'm going to have a monthly update page just for her. My goal is to write about what she has done, her millstones ect. Ok it's my Brag Page. I feel this could be a little too much for some of my followers to read so hence the separate page. However please feel free to jump over and have a read if your interested.
Update on Alice
This wednesday Alice will be one month old. I know it was a short month but I can't believe how fast the time has gone. They say that the the first 2 months (8weeks) of motherhood is the hardest. Well I'm halfway there and I feel I'm doing great. Alice is a very calm and settled baby. Hubby and me made a promise to try to be calm parents and I think this has helped heaps. Alice is not a big crier, she only cries when she is hungry or wants to be picked up. She also sleeps well most nights in 3 to 4 hour blocks then has some booby then goes back to sleep. This said we had one night last week were she was awake from 11:30 to 2. Not crying, just wide eyed and looking around. Even though we keep it fairly dark during the night she still managed to open her eyes wide and try to look around at everything. I was so tired so hubby got up after the first hour when I realised no amount of breastfeeding was going to get her to sleep. We both in desperation for sleep at 1:30 we decided that we would try a dummy to see if that might help put her to sleep. Well 1st time in her mouth she spat it straight out, 2nd time she sucked a couple times then spat it out, 3rd time she gaged. I think it is safe to say she doesn't like the dummy. She does however such her hand through her swaddle at night when in her bassinet. I don't want her to become a thumb sticker and do pull her hand out of her mouth during the day but there is not much I can do at night when I'm asleep. She wakes for a feed and I find one arm of her swaddle wet. Note: her swaddle is the type that make her look like a caterpillar in a cocoon. (It is called a Love to swaddle) She loves the swaddle. My SIL gave me it to me when Alice was 6 days old and said how great they were. Since she hated her hands being wrapped up and kept getting them free no matter how tight I wrapped her I decided to give it a go and it was great. Alice slept better and that made mummy happy. I went out 2 days later and brought a 2nd one and I have never looked back. She only goes in it at night. We aim to have night sleeps dark, swaddled and quiet. Why daytime is light, noisy and she doesn't get her swaddle on. This routine has helped keep her day sleeps short and night sleeps long. I never let her cry for more than a min and I always feed her on demand. She also has a breathing monitor on in her bassinet which I must say is the best thing I brought. It so reassuring to know if she stops breathing the alarm will go off. Only problem is sometimes I grab her out in a midnight haze and forget to put it on hold and the alarm goes off. Opps! Alice has also been sleeping in her own room since wednesday last week. I never thought I would put her in her room so early but she sleeps better without all the noise. See her room is at the back of the house and ours is at the front on a main road. She just seems more settled and we don't have to tip toe around to have a shower before bed ect.
Alright better go as my little princess is starting to stir. Till next time!
Lovely to hear that all is going so smoothly- wow, one month down aldready! Sounds like your doing a fantastic job and enjoying every moment.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have a look at this swaddle you have, i really have no idea on any of that stuff, so a reccomendation is a great start!
Sounds like you are settling in well to being a stay at home mum! Won't be long and the mornings will be cold and perfect for snuggling in bed with Alice!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful title SAHM...something you deserve and you make a wonderful mum...its just a reminder though when there are moments like Alice not wanting to sleep its good as it reminds us babies are not perfect and like a text book..but Alice seems pretty content overalll..well done...you must maintain a relaxed atmosphere and all those years in child care have paid off xx
ReplyDelete