2 Mar 2012
Welcome Alice
Well finally my baby girl is here. And I just have to say she was worth every needle, every appointment, every treatment and every tear I cried during my struggle to conceive her.
Daddy is just smitten with her and he has been nothing but an abundance of support. He has changed most of her nappies, sat up with me for some night feeds and given her cuddles downstairs so I can have some extra sleep upstairs. It has been good having him home too because he has been able to help get me things and do the housework.
Breastfeeding is going really well. I was determined in hospital to feed heaps to build my supply and I think it paid off. She latches on most times with no fuss and suckles well. Sleep is going well. She sleeps in 3 to 4 hour blocks at night and resettles well after a feed.
My recovery for the C-section is going ok. Each day I'm feeling better. My tummy is still a little tender but the doc said it will take 6 weeks till the nerves will heal. Still not fitting into my pre pregnancy clothes yet but I still have swelling and tenderness. My goal is to start walking the streets when I'm feeling better and try to get a little bit fit and loose that baby weight.
The doctor told us that she has a strong neck and as you can see from her photo she tries to hold it up from time to time. She has my nose, mouth and Mediterranean features and Hubbies eyes, long fingers and long feet. Over the past 10 days I have cried tears of joy. To us she is perfect and I feel so blessed to have her in my arms.
Please follow this link to read Alice's birth story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She is beautiful! Congratulations hun!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Jill, sounds like motherhood is going well and you have a wonderful little girl to enjoy!
ReplyDeleteAll the best over the coming months as you settle into your new life x
Thanks girls.
ReplyDeleteHaidee she weigh 8 pound 4. But she was born 2 weeks early. Also Happy 30th Haidee!
She is absolutely beautiful my baby buddy (formerly belly buddy)...you guys make a perfect family with perfect support for each other...and Im with you in tears of joy...its oh so worth it!!! Im so glad you persevered with breast feeding such a wonderful experience and she is perfect and you are blessed...I will read your birth story now xxx
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Jill, she is beautiful. Worth every tear, every frustration, every darkness you felt during IF. Lovely name. Welcome to motherhood!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! I read this other day didn't comment and I was like shit I need to comment! What an amazing achievement! Congratulations. Love the name Alice. xxx
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! she is absolutely beautiful... and I love the name Alice xxx
ReplyDelete