Modern Cloth Nappies
I have been toying with the idea of cloth nappies since the beginning of the pregnancy. I like the fact that they are better for the environment, my hip pocket and most importantly, bub. My plan is to use Hu99ies disposable in the first few weeks while I try to establish breast feeding and just get use to being a mum. (I have stocked up on a few boxes.) Then I will slowly introduce my cloth ones.
I currently have 7 in total. Which I think is a great start however I know I'll need heaps more as time goes on. The problem is that there are so many different types and brand out there that it can be very overwhelming. I have gone with the brand Gr0 Via. I have purchased 2 types. 1 All in one and 3 Shells with 6 inserts. My plan is to use shells with inserts during the day and all in ones at night. I will start by using a combination of disposable and cloth so I can test them out, then build my supply of cloth and faise out the disposables. However you can also buy disposable inserts for my shells which is nice idea when out or when mummy has been busy and not washed. (I have brought a pack as a back up.)
Wipes = I have decided to use cotton wool pad with water in the beginning as this is best for new born skin. Then I'll be moving onto disposable wipes. I have been considering reusable wipes but might wait a bit and look at that down the track if I feel motivated. (Think I like disposable wipes.)
I have attached 3 pictures of my nappies.
The cream nappy is my All in one.
The pale pink nappy is the Shell then the other picture is the insert that snaps into the shells.
As you can see I prefer plain colours even though they do come in some cute design.
Also I will send out a WARNING to any pregnant women who are considering MCN. It is highly addictive and easy to get carried away. I just hope I am as enthusiastic with washing then as I have been researching them. LOL!



Oooh Jill Im so proud of you considering MCN....at this stage I dont think I have capacity in my brain to allow for it but I do hate to think of all that landfill with disposables and of course whats best for baby...
ReplyDeleteat least we have more choices and if baby skin is sensitive...I have alternatives...
and thanks for doing some great research as I may need to use it as well lol