I really wanted to wait till my 20 weeks scan till I purchased my nursery furniture. However a few weeks ago we were browsing through D-Jones when I was handed a flyer that said that they were having a 20% off nursery furniture. It was only at a specific store and for one day only. (This Saturday) Hubby and I had done heaps of research previously and had already decided pretty much what we wanted. (Only had a few extra chooses to make.) Therefore we sat with the sales lady that day and she wrote down all the product no. and prices (Before 20% off) and we took it home with us to access. Now there is a baby stores that have some of these items at 20% all the time however some of the specific item we wanted (cot) they just didn't stock. So after a lot of looking on the net and price matching, we have decided to get all the furniture from D-Jones as they have all of it except 1 item (Toybox which is at the discount baby store) and it will all be the same price as elsewhere and they have the specific cot we want too. Also we will get it all delivered in one go. God that will be an exciting day. I have been dreaming about the day I put my nursery furniture together for years. See I love putting furniture together. LOve it! As soon as it's in the house I rib it open. It's like a giant puzzle and I love the challenge of a good puzzle. I know the day it gets delivered I will be itching for hubby to help me and I know he will roll his eyes as he hAtes putting furniture together. He will procrastinate and try to brush me off and because the furniture can take up to 3 months to arrive I know I will be too big to do most of it and I will need him to help heaps more than he normal would.
Anyway I thought I would share some picture of the furniture I will be purchasing. The brand is Boori Country and the colour timber is English Oak. Hubby and I love dark solid wood furniture and with all the babies room wall white and white linen, I think this furniture will look great. My style is simple nice pieces with minimal extras. That is basically my style throughout my house. All the babies furniture will grow with them. This whole set will last beyond their toddler years.
The cot is convertible. It can be a Cot, Toddler bed and then a full size single bed.
This is the bedside table for the lamp and monitor.
This chest of draws is for clothes storage and we are adding the nappy tray on top that matches the cot.
And this toybox/window seat which I will have to purchase at a different store. My MIL is going to make a fabric foam piece for the top and then I'm thinking stuffed toys on top.
Only piece left to find is a rocking chair or glider.
Jill it all looks beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI bet you can't wait till it arrives - goodluck with the assembling part!
Love your style, I had the same cot for B.. but sadly dont be fooled by the whole single bed conversion, its just too damn small..believe me. B got a typical boys racing car bed after his cot at age 2. But the cot is dismantled in the WIR, begging to be used again!
ReplyDeleteIt is very exciting your first baby shop. Hope you had a great time. And I love putting things together too.. I think when you begin a relationship, the ultimate test should be putting furniture together, if your F words are minimal, then the relationship is a keeper!!
Oh Jill lurv it...we have very similar taste...I went Boori Country too but madison range and I basically ordered nearly everything in the boori country range lol....but i went walnut the darkest brown but english walnut is very nice that would be my second choice....
ReplyDeleteand my friend had her child up to 4 in the toddler bed but boori range was made in Australia then now its made in China hence half the price it was 5 years ago but yes discounts are great
Baby Kingdom have 20% off so I hope you got your toy box from there...I got the toy box too love it...
and assembling yes its so much fun putting together NOT lol I like it but hubby has no patience so I will have to count to 10 for him
oh and the change table I have room for separate one but I ordered one in Tasman Eco as it was much cheaper nearly half the price and had better sides on change table so baby is stable but its great if you can put it on top of dresser too....gives more room ...
ReplyDeletedid you get bookshelf display?
Furniture looks great Jill - well researched!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the nursery when it's done - how exciting! I love seeing peoples nurseries :)
Love the dark wood and theme you have gone with, bet it will look amazing! I especially love the whole toybox/window seat, that is such a cool idea and I bet it will look awesome. Is it starting to feel more real now setting up the nursery? I used to just sit in there and go through all the little clothes and cry because I couldn't believe it was really happening.
ReplyDeleteOoohhh and I see only a week and a bit to go till you hit the 20 week mark!! What is the date of your scan? So excited for you! I still think girl and looking at the furniture I was picturing the dark wood with pink in my head without even realising it!
ReplyDeleteIt still feels surreal. I haven't brought a single outfit yet. Waiting to find out the sex then go through my sisters stuff and go from there.
ReplyDeleteI obviously have a tall son...
ReplyDeleteTee, I'm 5 foot and hubby is 6 foot 1. So who knows who they will take after.
ReplyDelete