It funny your perception of a pregnant body during Infertility. In my first year went through the stage of not buying new clothes because I thought I would get pregnant. Then in my 2nd year I brought cheap clothes thinking I would only need them for a short period. Then in my 3rd year of IF I gave up the fight and brought what clothes I wanted and didn't think twice about the "What if." Just a week before I found out I was PG I spend $300 on new professionally fitting bras for the first time in years. It felt great to splash out and get some beautiful pieces, unfortunately I only got like 1 1/2 months out of them but you know what I don't care. Now as my belly has gotten bigger I have had to sort through my wardrobe. I brought some sucky bags so I can store my unwanted items to make room for my maternity clothes.
Now I will admit that even thou I didn't have any "what if" in my head when I had been shopping over the past year, I did however have a few items I had kept after every wardrobe clean out that I had held on to thinking if I get PG then I would wear this. Generally the were tops that were loose around the belly, low cut shorts that kind of thing. The thing is that NONE of these so called "Saved" items fit. Either my boobs are too big. My hips are too round or they are just plain uncomfortable. After the 3rd sucky bag. I soon realised that I have almost nothing left that actually fits. All my jeans and long pants except the very sexy elastic wasted geany pants (which are starting to get tight now) got sucked. All my shorts and skirts except 2 exercise pants got sucked. All my bras got sucked (Including my nice new ones.) All my non stretched undies got sucked. Don't want to stretch the good ones too. Then came the charity bags. I did a total of 2 garbage bags full for the charity bin. These contained tops, pants, jumpers and anything else that I didn't want or had hoarded as my "When I get PG" clothes. I was so unaware of how your body really does change. Now with barely any clothes left in my wardrobe and what was left didn't really fit but was left there for after I have bub, I realised I badly needed some new clothes. I was lucky that my sister had given me a pile of maternity clothes she had. Some fit and some were too small in the boobs. But my wardrobe was looking better and finally I manage to compile a decent outfit together. I had brought 2 cheap maternity jeans earlier on which I was living in, then as the weather has got hotter I have managed to convert them into shorts. (They actually look better as shorts) So slowly my wardrobe is resembling something I can be happy with. Just got to get a few more bits and pieces then I think I will be good to go.
Unless I'm blissfully unaware for what is to come.
Oh how exciting when you have to get some new clothes! Nothing like a good excuse for some clothes shopping.
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit like you, there are clothes that I think will be fine to keep using through my pregnancy, but I will probably be rudely disappointed like you!
Now Jill, I really think it's time for an updated BELLY PIC!!!!!! Please, please please!
I can't believe how far along you are already - time flies!
ReplyDeleteIt is so much fun shopping for maternity clothes...yahhh....
ReplyDeleteBut you are so super organised to clean out old clothes for non maternity to make space...something I have not done yet....Im just squashing both in wardrobe..where do you get those sucky bags from anyways?
I got my sucky bags from k mart. Just brought the cheap ones. I got 8 jeans/long pants in a large and around double the amount of shirts and shorts in another. You can fill them but don't overfill as my sister did and the bag exploded. Bit like the scene in confessions of a shopaholic. God I love that movie. Ps the books are so good. I have read all 5 twice.
ReplyDelete